Tonight the staff of Northern Hills will be honoring about 350 volunteers at our annual Volunteer Appreciation Event. The 350 who will be in attendance represent only part of the more than 500 volunteers who give of themselves and of their time to help NHCC carry out it's mission. Simply put - VOLUNTEERS ARE AWESOME!!
If I can swing it, here is what I would like to give some of them:
- For the parking team - a parking dome to keep them out of the inclement weather.
- For the men who work in the nursery - smocks that have numbers and their name on the back.
- For those who prepare communion each week - an annual "everyone come with purple hands weekend".
- For our Sound techs - a seat up front.
- For our greeters - the ability to say hello in 47 languages!
- For our small group leaders - a maid, a chef, and 7 gallons of ice cream.
- For our youth workers - a six pack of Red Bull for those all-nighters, and personalized coaching to create their own MySpace.
- For those who work Guest Services - Neon lights and silver blazers
There are many more possibilities. However, what I want every volunteer to receive most, is an understanding that what they do matters. Their small piece is a big piece. They make a difference. They inspire and ignite people. They help people know Jesus better. I want them to know that they are a conduit to hope, healing, and happiness.